Loading...

Letter requesting job reference from manager

Description

Request a job reference from your manager with this letter template, which lists strengths demonstrated during your employment with them.

User
[Street Address]
[City, ST ZIP Code]
[Date]

[Recipient Name]
[Title]
[Company Name]
[Street Address]
[City, ST ZIP Code]

Dear [Recipient Name]:

As you know, my final day at [Company Name] is fast approaching. I am disappointed that my position here is ending, but I understand that the company layoffs are necessary due to the changing economy.
My search for a new position has already begun, and I am pleased with the number of possible opportunities I’ve uncovered. However, in this tight job market, I need more than just a good resume to get my foot in the door. Therefore, I am hoping that you can write me a recommendation that I can use in my job search.
As my manager of [number of years] years, you are very familiar with my skills as a [Job Title] as well as my excellent written and oral communication skills and my overall enthusiasm for working in the [industry name] industry.
Do you feel that you can write me a good recommendation?
If you have any questions, or would like to schedule a meeting to further discuss this, please feel free to contact me at work or at home. My home phone number is [phone number].
Sincerely,
User

Loading...
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Letter requesting job reference from manager